The AMMA is pleased to announce the results of the 2019 National Mead Maker of the Year competition!
The big announcement and awarding of prizes to the MeadMaker of the Year and the 1st and 2nd runners up will happen at the 2020 AMMA Annual Meeting at MeadCon in Broomfield, September 27, 2020. Winners will be contacted to arrange receipt of prizes.
Here are the top ten mead makers by points for 2019.
Congratulations to Carvin Wilson, and to all of those who put your all into competing for the ultimate bragging rights in the mead world.
|1st Runner Up||Scott Behrens||60|
|2nd Runner Up||Steve Patik||54|
HOW WERE THE WINNERS DETERMINED?
We include medals won in participating competitions.
Points are awarded as follows:
- Gold medals awarded 6 points
- Silver medals awarded 4 points
- Bronze medals awarded 2 points
- 1st Place BOS awarded 4 points
- 2nd Place BOS awarded 3 points
- 3rd Place BOS awarded 2 points
- Honorable mentions awarded 1 point
* Entrants must be an active AMMA member at the time of each competition in order for those points to qualify towards the NMMY award
- Domras Cup
- Mazer Cup International
- Orpheus Cup
- Michigan Mead Cup
Here is the 2020 National Mead Maker of the Year Leaderboard.